This is one of the coolest pimped cupcakes that is a must do for my next dinner get together. It will surely get raves. Baking Bites, thank you for posting. Nicole, you really should enter your Giant Hostess Cupcake pix and how-tos. And btw, I think YOURS is much cuter! I can only hope mine looks this good. Also, check out Pimp That Snack for some of the craziest and hilarious entries! (Giant Reeses Peanut Butter Cup by Mark Jones and BigKat by Ian.Ann.Andy.Dan.Josh.Lucy. are my favorites too.)
My modified version:
*For the cake layers I’ll use this recipe: Hershey’s Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
• 2 cups sugar
• 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa or HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
**For the filling and squiggle I’ll try this one: Alicia Paulson’s Cloudburst Frosting
4 T. flour
1 c. whole milk
1 c. butter
1 t. almond extract
2 c. sifted confectioners sugar
In small pan, whisk together flour and milk. Simmer until thick over low heat. Remove from heat and let cool completely but NOT in refrigerator. Cream together butter and almond; add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add flour mixture and beat until fluffy. The frosting will appear to separate, but just keep beating on high until it whips up into smooth, fluffy clouds.
***To frost the entire cake I’ll use this recipe: Hershey’s Perfect CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.